British people have turned their backs on Brexit, according to a new poll released just as Theresa May prepares to give a make-or-break speech on her plans for EU withdrawal.
The exclusive survey for The Independent by BMG Research shows a majority now believe the country should remain in the EU, after weeks in which deadlocked Brussels talks and cabinet splits exposed the sheer complexity of withdrawal. [...]
The new poll of more than 1,400 UK adults showed 52 per cent of the public back remaining in the EU, while 48 per cent would support leaving.
The numbers are a mirror image of the June 2016 referendum result and a shift from the same poll conducted two months ago, which showed a clear 50/50 split. [...]
Full article on The Independent
© The Independent
Hover over the blue highlighted
text to view the acronym meaning
over these icons for more information
No Comments for this Article